Wednesday, February 16, 2011

12 Reader Space: A "Craft"acular Transformation!

Have I mentioned that Wednesday's are pretty much one of my favorite days here on the blog?  Because I get to show the world how awesome you guys are!  That's seriously SO MUCH FUN!  You all provide me with so much eye candy and inspiration... it's your fault that I make last minute runs to the home improvement store or go back to my junk drawer and give it another once over... AND THAT IS A GREAT THING!  Thank you!

Let me tell you, that I have a feeling we all will be wanting to get a basket and toss a pretty label on it, after seeing today's Reader Space.  Maybe even transform a whole mis-matched room.  Or beautify with some fabric.  Are you ready for this?!

Alicia was trying to decide whether to place spiff up her current craft zone or move it to a sun room.  She decided on the first option, and boy are we lucky she did because it looks AMAZING!

But here is where she started:



"It's a total mess.   In my defense, I had just made a thrift store and Walmart run and dropped everything in here.  It's not normally this bad, but I'm just trying to keep it real for y'all.  I didn't pick up anything..."

I adore that she was keeping it real!  Never be ashamed of your before!  We all have a "Before" story, and they make for the best "Afters"!


"I can honestly tell you, this is the most unplanned, sporadic "fix-up" I've ever done. I usually plan, plan, plan.  I had no idea I would be redoing my craft room when I woke up that morning."

Ok, so are you ready for your hearts to start racing?  For your jaws to drop?  To see the power or labels and paint and some arranging?  You have been warned....


Here is how Alicia made the spectacular transformation happen:
  • She rearranged her work areas to make them more functional for the space
  • She put her shipping supplies in one spot
  • The walls got a fresh coat of paint
  • The bulletin board was painted red {AWESOME POP OF COLOR!}
  • She added more light
  • She covered/tucked away seldom used items behind a curtain
  • She created a magnet/chalkboard station
  • She added additional storage


Look at the power of cheapo plastic baskets paired with adorable labels!!  INCREDIBLE!


And some more shots of how she organized "the little things"




Giving one amazing before and after Craft Room transformation!!





I told you this would leave you inspired!  And motivated?  I know my wheels are spinning!!

A special THANK YOU to Alicia for letting me share her incredible transformation today!  You can see this along with much more awesomeness, on her blog!

What's your favorite part?  Let's play that game?  I can't get over the memo board {both the red one and the magnetic chalk board one!}  And those white labeled baskets... or that curtain... Ok, I can't pick just one thing!!  Swoon!!



And a button for you....


IHeart Organizing







P.S.  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please send your story and photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and un-editted.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your routine for the better is so helpful!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

12 comments:

  1. I love craft rooms and I love seeing others too. This one is a great space transformation. Thanks for sharing Jen! I just linked my craft room too.
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! seeing these pictures again makes me so happy about my new space :) thanks so much for featuring my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome craft room. Thanks for sharing with us. Alicia...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing transformation Alicia. I like the pops of red, especially the iron rack with the little birdie. I used the idea myself of crafting tags for plain plastic baskets - it really dresses them up - and mine weren't even sitting out - so they were just pretty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great room transformations! Mine is still a work in progress. It's currently a cra(p)ft room but will someday soon be transformed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good call with the super cute button! =) Love it! <3

    My favorite is the red memo board and the little red bird organizer also! <3 Absolutely obsessed with them! <3 That's the kind of stuff I hunt for at thrift stores =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps: I have a before picture of the craft room but not an after picture because i'm desk-less! womp womp

    ReplyDelete
  8. im just jealous that she has a whole room to store her goodies in! lucky girl!! love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the labelled baskets. I have plenty of those baskets, but they are all tucked away in drawers at the moment. I love that you've made me think I can have them on display with just a little labelling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great space. And all of the storage!!! Oh how I love storage. It turned our beautiful.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love taking a peek inside other peoples' craft rooms!! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the curtain to hide all the stuff! I so need to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.