Thursday, October 10, 2013

31 UHeart Organizing: Baking Up Some Organization!

Some of my favorite moments in organizing, come when I find new storage uses for common everyday items.  Chelsea, from Two Twenty One, is stopping by today to share how she took control of her baking cabinet with something a little unexpected.  Here she is now!


There are endless things to organize in a kitchen, right? Well, recently I decided to tackle an area of my kitchen that was plaguing me-- my baking sheet cabinet.


Now that you saw the spoiler, let's see what I was working with before I got my organization on.
Does this look familiar? Kind of sad, huh? When I needed a certain sized baking sheet I'd have to wrestle with the other sheets and my silicone baking mats. It may not sound bad but it frustrated me. Something had to be done.


So I started to think of ways I could clean up this space. And then I had my baking sheet aha moment. An office paper sorter. Thankfully, the one I grabbed fit perfectly.


Tadah! Doesn't it look 10 times better? I'm able to easily see and grab the baking sheet or baking rack I need. I rolled up my baking mats and secured them with rubber bands. I was going to add contact paper before organizing but our kitchen cabinets are currently undergoing a makeover (woot!) so I'll wait until the makeover is over.


What do you think about this organization system? How do you organize your baking sheets?



"Hey friends!  I'm Chelsea from Two Twenty One!  I'm a twenty-something living in Indiana with my husband, Brad, and our crazy mutt, Jack.  My loves are photography, travel, DIY projects, baking, wine, sarcasm and my iPhone.  The husband and I are attempting to make our home a little less cookie cutter and a lot more awesome.  My little slice of the internet, Two Twenty One, is where I share my latest home improvement projects, furniture makeovers, crafts, recipes and home & seasonal decor ideas.  I am beyond excited to join Jen and the rest of the IHeart Organizing team!"

31 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea. I use something similar in mine. Makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! I have a similarly disorganized cabinet and that same file holder stuffed in a closet because I have no use for it! Now I do!!! :) Thank you so much for your innovative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea! I have seen the horizontal dividers but not this one, which I like so much better. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I'm going to try this in my cabinet too...I hate disrupting the entire house every time I need a baking sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. genius and so simple! Totally doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! I do something similar-- I turn a office shelf (looks like the one above, but with less slots) to organize all my pot and pan lids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a genius idea for baking sheets and much cheaper then building custom slots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius idea! My baking cabinet totally needs this makeover too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I know what to do with my filer ;) I put my baking sheets below the oven but I wish I had a different spot for them.... Thank you for the tip ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm lucky enough to have a cabinet with built in vertical dividers... problem is, it's over my refrigerator so it's a struggle to reach - lucky I'm pretty tall but I still need to be on tippy toes to reach anything. Your solution is perfect for a lower cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to do this with my baking sheet cupboard. So much easier to get at things!

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant!! I have a narrow cabinet with one built in, but this is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Where did you purchase your paper sorter, and how much did it cost. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Priscilla! I purchased the paper sorter at Walmart for about $8.

      Delete
  14. I'm jealous that you have a cabinet to do with with! My baking sheets, muffin tins, and casserole pans are all under my oven. Yes it gets dirty/greasy. Yes it gets jumbled up. Yes it is a headache.
    Love, love, love that you used a paper sorter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of those "duh! why didn't I think of that" ideas. It's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Away to do this right now! It's one of those 'why didn't I think of that' moments. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why didn't I think of this? I have a couple of file racks sitting on a shelf in the garage! Going to rescue them right now! Thanks Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Genious! I have a tip for you...use empty toilet paper rolls instead of rubber bands on your baking mats. That's what I use, and it is so easy to lip over them. I will be going out tomorrow to purchase my own paper sorter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! Glad I came across your blog - great organization tips. :)
    Cheers,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is amazing! What's really funny is that I was just organizing my baking cabinets yesterday and I was wondering how to organize the cookie sheets. This is a great idea! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love this idea! than you! very useful!
    http://babyemilycloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have this exact problem in our new house. Done and done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great idea! I just did this with my baking sheets and it worked so well. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a great idea!! I love organizing projects and use a lot of this stuff around work - but this is a great example of thinking outside that darn box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. We actually do this exact same thing! We also put our cutting boards and pizza pan on it. It works great in our above-sink cabinet. I no longer fear that everything is going to fall out onto my head!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.